- Being involved in a range of activities with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Exploring Nepal beyond Kathmandu and getting to know the community
- Making friends with fellow team members and the people that you will meet on the journey
- An opportunity to see the work of local organisations working diligently to make a difference as well as visit the famed Chitwan National Park
- To create a memorable experience for the team members and the lives that will be touched
- Encourage the exchange of skills between Nepalis living at home and abroad
- Project Duration: 14 Days*
- Location of Project: Bade Gaon – Godawari (CYF’s Life Vision Academy), Jholunge Village – Sindhupalchowk (Educating Nepal – Local School and Village Life), Kasara Resort – Chitwan National Park
- Meeting Point: 7AM, opposite Himalayan Java near Himalayan Bank in Thamel
- Working Hours: 7 hour days with breaks and free time in the afternoon and evenings (early morning start – 9AM/10AM)
- Requirements: Minimum age 18 and own cost required
- Non-refundable Deposit: £100
WHAT WE HAVE PLANNED
- Accommodation: Rooms based on sharing at the Children and Youth Firsts’ (CYF) Life Vision Academy in Bade Goan. The team will be split into two groups and will stay at two different sites in Jholunge Village; the village homestay in Jholunge will support the village community via Educating Nepal. At the Kasara Resort, team members can form pairs and occupy a twin room complete with an en-suite and a private patio.
- Food: All meals included at CYF’s Life Vision Academy, Jholunge Village Homestay, Kasara Resort and the guest-house stays in-between the different leg. Meals in majority of places will be the traditional Nepali Dal-Bhat with vegetables and sometimes meat. The team members will have many options for food at Kasara Resort and during the stop over in Kathmandu between LEG 1-2 and LEG 2-3.
- Orientation Day: All volunteers and team leaders are required to meet on Sunday 3th of September in Kathmandu for a three hour session. The venue is to be decided.
- Transportation: Private Hired Four Wheel Drive (Kathmandu – Jholunge, return), Private HIACE Van (KTM – CYF – KTM and KTM – Chitwan – Chitwan).
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International Flights
- Travel Vaccines (If you haven’t been to Nepal for many years then we strongly advise you visit your doctor and ask for the required vaccinations and also bring any that you are currently taking)
- Travel Insurance (As travelling in Nepal comes with many risks, we strongly advise team members to buy insurance for their Nepal trip as Tracing Nepal will not bear any responsibility).
- £450 Great British Pounds (Includes accommodation, transport and food for 14 days)
- Once your application is approved, you will be required to pay £100 non-refundable deposit to secure your place followed by the remainder £300 after eight weeks.