WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for Nepalis who live outside of Nepal, are 18 or over and who are keen on exploring and learning more about Nepal. Signing up for an experience meeting strangers and doing activities that you may have no prior experience of may seem daunting but remember, we’ve all been there before. It does not matter if you have no experience with children, people or education, just let us know your reason for wanting to be part of Tracing Nepal and that’s good enough for us. Whether that is to travel, to meet people like yourself or learn more about your identity, we are ready to take you along on this journey.
- Meeting people – team members, team leaders to the young and older people from our partner NGO’s
- Visiting the majestic Mustang and going on mini-hikes to the beautiful Dhumba Lake to white-washed village of Marpha Gaun
- Hike from Kathmandu to Nagarkot
- Learning and getting hands on with the incredible work of our partner NGO’s Children and Youth First and Himalayan Animal Rescue Trust (HART)
- Relax and Recreation at the Annapurna eco village
- To create a memorable experience for the team members and the lives that will be touched
- Encourage the exchange of skills between Nepalis living at home and abroad
- Project Duration: 14 Days*
- Location of Project: Bade Gaon – Godawari (CYF’s Life Vision Academy), Matepani – Pokhara (Himalaya Animal Rescue Trust), Annapurna Eco Village – Astam, Om’s Home – Jomsom.
- Working Hours: 7 hour days with breaks and free time in the afternoon and evenings (early morning start – 9AM/10AM)
- Requirements: Minimum age 18 and own cost required
- Non-refundable Deposit: £100
WHAT WE HAVE PLANNED
- Accommodation: Rooms will be based on sharing at Children and Youth First, Pokhara, Annapurna eco village and Om’s Home, Jomsom.
- Food: All meals included for the fourteen days including during travel. The traditional Nepali Dal-Bhat with vegetables and sometimes meat will be the most common meal during the two-week period.
- Orientation Day: All team members and team leaders are required to meet on MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3 in Kathmandu for a three hour introductory session. The venue information will be emailed two weeks prior.
- Transportation: Privately hired HIACE van (Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu), Private jeeps (Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara).
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International Flights
- Travel Vaccines (If you haven’t been to Nepal for many years then we strongly advise you visit your doctor and ask for the required vaccinations and also bring any that you are currently taking)
- Travel Insurance (As travelling in Nepal comes with many risks, we strongly advise team members to buy insurance for their Nepal trip as Tracing Nepal will not bear any responsibility).
- £500 Great British Pounds (Includes accommodation, transport and food for 14 days)
- Once your application is approved, you will be required to pay £100 non-refundable deposit to secure your place followed by the remainder £400 after eight weeks.